The Greenwich School Sports Partnership (GSSP) has been developed by experienced
primary and secondary practitioners within the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
The aim of the partnership is to:
‘Develop high quality PE and school sport through effective and collaborative local partnerships’
We aim to achieve this goal through sharing good practice amongst colleagues and organisations dedicated to improving school sport provision.
Members of GSSP will be offered CPD through courses / workshops to provide a wider experience of physical education at local training locations and within own school settings.
Through the development of the GSSP Programme the partnership will aim to offer a broad range of training opportunities including practical and theoretical sessions. This will provide members with greater subject knowledge across the PE curriculum. Continuous development opportunities are provided to members to enhance the programme throughout the academic year.
Key GSSP Benefits
- PE CPD, including 16 sport-based teacher training workshops
- Practical modelled lessons
- Sporting experiences including an inclusive swimming gala
- Several partnership discounts to help support PE and School Sport in your school
- Exclusive website access to a wealth of PE and School Sport resources
- Own school PE INSETs
- Advice from the Youth Sport Trust (YST)
- Advice from the Association for Physical Education (AfPE)
- Termly Primary PE Subject Leader Courses